Thursday, April 18, 2013

Heaven Sent


Darling Family,
Thank you Thank you Thank you.
Thank you to all of those who have prayed for me.  Thought of me, showed me love.  You are truly Heaven Sent. Each of you. Friends, family, everyone. Thank you thank you thank you. 

What a wonderful surprise it was to open up my inbox and see the messages that were there. How grateful and humble I am to have the opportunity of associating with such wonderful people. I hope each of you know that I would not be ME if I hadn't had the influences of each of you in my life.

Those emails of love weren't the only things Heaven Sent this past week.  I had the chance to listen to General Conference. Oh what a blessing from Heaven that truly was.  

This morning I thought about this past weekend as I wrote in my journal. 4 sessions, each 2 hours. 2 Hours of Priesthood session, and 2 hours of either Young Womens or Relief Society. That is only 12 hours. 12 hours to gather with the Saints of the World, the Christians of this, and other, Churches. It is only 12 hours to hear the inspiring words of the Prophet of the Lord, of the Apostles, of the other various leaders that have devoted their lives to serving the Lord. 12 hours to have the Spirit teach, encourage, warn, comfort and promise blessings. 12 hours to hear the words of our heroes. Yet, those 12 hours are ones of great development and growth. I looked forward to those 12 hours for weeks and cried when they were over. 

I learned so much. I loved the focus on the family, and the need to unite together and protect it. I love the call to stand in holy places, to stand up for our beliefs, our faith, for what we know is right. The call to obedience and liberty was inspiring. I have so many things that I am grateful for! So many things that I learned. And I'm excited to continue to learn from them in these next couple months.  ((I wrote it better in my journal, I'll bring it next week and include it in the email then))

I think one of the things that I love most from Conference is that it is messages from the hearts of those who are devote servants of the Lord. It is messages to our hearts, fellow servants and followers. They are messages from Heaven given to the world, not just to members of our Church.

I have to say thank you to my family. Thank you for being that family that you are. For the things that you have taught me, for helping me become someone who loves the Lord and loves doing His work. Thank you mom and dad for loving each other and loving each of us. Thanks to my siblings and the love we have for each other. How grateful I am to have a family built upon the gospel of Christ, truly that is the only way to have a happy family.

Being a missionary has been the highlight of my life. I know that it is not easy. As a dear friend reminded me, that especially when we look at the Savior's example, the most important things in life and the ones that require the most of us. The most work, the most determination, the most effort, but they are also the moments that give us the most joy and love and opportunity for growth. There will always be hard times, but those are the times when we get to go homeward, and heavenward to for the strength that we need. I know that our Loving Heavenly Father will always send down the sweetest blessings. Thank you for being some of those blessings.

I love each of you.
May we always stand in holy places, together and with love. 
Thank you again, for everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment