Friday, May 3, 2013

Surprises


FAMILY!!!
HI! How's it going??  Good. Me too! 
This week was full of surprises and unexpected moments.  But they were moments to be grateful for, for sure.

This past week started with a call from President saying that there would be a change in my companionship! YEAH! SURPRISE!!  It wasn't because of us, just some changes needed to happen...well my companion started packing and then the call came again about an hour later saying that we weren't going to be changing after all! (yeah...We don't really understand either...) Though that call was peculiar, I am VERY grateful that it came. When that phone call came and I heard what was going to happen my heart sank and I couldn't hold back the tears.

I wasn't ready to say good-bye to my companion.  I realized that I DID love her and I wanted and needed more time to learn from her and with her. That call had a similar effect on her as well. It was a moment of self-evaluation = if we were to split and one of us go to a different area would we be satisfied with our relationship? WIth our area?  With our efforts? If those questions could be answered in the affirmative, what was the strength of that reply? That phone call have us the chance to move into the next week with greater love, appreciation and determination.

The week that followed was one of wonderful missionary service!!  We had so many miracles! We were able to meet with a less-active that hasn't opened her doors to missionaries and members for nearly a year! We made cookies and talked and shared a message!... and she wants us to come again!

Another less-active, who left the church and is now attending another, gave us her new address and allowed us to visit her at her home! Besides her children, we are the ONLY people she has given her new address to! The conversation and lesson that followed was wonderful.

We had lessons with investigators and we were able to help members with their missionary work!  We had lessons with some new investigators and every day seemed to be packed with things to do.

My experiences with knocking doors in Korea as always been... eh ok. haha Nothing too huge, but it's still fun to be able to go door-to-door in apartments. On Sunday night my companion and I planned to visit a less-active, deliver cookies and a message card and then knock the doors of the complex.

Top floor (we work our way from top to bottom), First Door.. And a man answers!!  At first he is about to close the door on us but we strike up a conversation.  We get him talking about his family and a little about his life.  Though he claims to be buddhist all of his children are Christian. We asked them if his Christian children seemed happy...that made him think.  There we asked him if we could come back and share with him a message that would make him happier. He invited us in right them, but without another girl that was a no go. But he said that we could come back later. 

Next floor... Another woman answers and this time it is a family.  We talk about our message for families and that we teach free English. The conversation that we had with her and she was impressed with all that we were doing. We got her number and we are going to set up a time to go back and teach within her home.

Next floor.. a grandmother opens up. Poor lady can't hear very well, but she explains that she lives all alone. After some sweet talking from my companion, we were able to get her number and tell her will come back to keep her some company every now and then. She seemed excited about that. I'm just glad that we will be able to help her a little bit.

Next floor was the LA’s floor. She wasn't home but we were able to meet her mom, which was the first time for me. And things went great!! We had the mom smiling and the conversation with her was wonderful. I'm excited to see how that goes.  Hopefully by bringing the daughter back, we can bring her family with her.

Missionary work is an interesting thing. When we feel like we aren't doing good enough, or things just aren't working out... sometimes it just takes the effort of giving more love, showing a little more faith and relying on the Lord a little more completely.  We aren't perfect and there will always be hard times, but you can be much happier as you forget yourself and turn out to others.  Turn out in love, out in sharing this Gospel, out in sharing the friendship and blessings that the Savior has given you. I love missionary work and I'm grateful for all our your love and prayers!!!

I miss y’all!!
The next Tuesday, 10am time works PERFECTLY for me!!  EEEKKKKK!!! I get to hear your voices!! YEAH!!!! 

Get ready to tell me able some missionary experiences y’all have been having, some moments when you turned out, and some moments that you have felt God's love because I'll be asking!! Hehe

LOVE YOU!! MEAN IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment