Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas


AHHHH!!! I GET TO TALK TO YOU TOMORROW! I GET TO TALK TO YOU TOMORROW!! I GET TO TALK TO YOU TOMORROW!!!!! yeah!!!!  Hehehe

I'm so so so excited!

Sounds like y’all have been having a fun week! i'm excited to tell you about MINE! WITH MY OWN VOICE!!! Hehe

First, Grandpa, CONGRATULATIONS!! BJ is soo stinkin cute!!
Second, I’M SO JEALOUS y’all got to see Bomi!  I miss her soo much!  She's amazing isn't she?? I’m glad y’all got her help with cooking Korean and I also laughed when y’all added salt to the curry...I actually hadn't thought about that.  I'm glad you were there for her. I hope you gave her a big hug from me!
Third, thanks to everyone who sent me the "Merry Christmas" messages.  Especially Sister Hatfield!! I LOVED your message. It just made me laugh and laugh and laugh.  Good times and fun stories.

So like everyone else, I will save most of my stories for tomorrow (EEK!!)  But there is one highlight that I want to share.

Yesterday, our investigator Yoon Ji  was baptized!!!  It was her dream to get baptized before Christmas, and after a busy week we were able to make it happen. Since I'm the new missionary in the area I didn't know very much about Yoon Ji; so, during our last meeting before her interview I asked her why she wanted to get baptized. Her answer really surprised me. I was expecting what most other 14 year old girls might say: they like the people, because of friends, church is fun... or the other more serious answers of: she enjoys what she feels at church, she feels it's right, etc. 

But Yoon Ji's answer was completely unique. She said told me with a twinkle in her eye that she want to go to the Temple. And she knew she needed to first be baptized. What a special moment to realize that this young girl already had a grand eternal perspective. Then at the baptism, after the ordinance, she got changed into her dry clothes. I had a minute to take her aside and ask her how she felt. She had no words, but again the twinkle in her eyes returned and a smile filled her face. We again talked about the Temple and what awaited her there when she goes at the beginning of the New Year with all the youth. I'm so excited for her! And I'm excited to continue to see her learn and grow.

My other stories I’ll save for tomorrow...like our Missionary Christmas Party, watching KungFu Panda 2 and then spiritually analyzing it (which is awesome) and all those fun things!!

I AM SO SO SO EXCITED!!!

I love y’all!!! AND I'LL TALK TO YOU TOMORROW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment